Saturday 6 January 2007

Blogging?

This is an introduction to the beginning of my blogging experience. (the pros and cons of blogging)


After months of contemplating, i finally decided to start a blog. And when better to do it than on New year's day? Initially, the first thing that comes into my mind when you mention the word blogging, is "a waste of time". I mean i enjoy reading people's blog to an extent, and i know how much people enjoy blogging. But Rickson blogging??? No way!!! I doubt my friends would believe that i'm blogging too.

Because like the title of my blog, i do things "In View of Eternity". What i mean is, that i do not want to waste time on things that do not have any impact nor last. My initial thoughts were that i could use the time that i were to spend on blogging to do other things that are more productive. Things such as working, praying ( i believe alot in prayer, not just believing in my head but also through numerous experiences), doing projects, spending time with my family or even spending time teaching my dog how to do a backflip.

Anyway, you would've guessed, it turned out to be a happy ending - I am now blogging about why i did not want to blog, haha (wooo, the first haha in my new blog). The reason? Because i realised that by blogging has worth in view of eternity.

1st of all, by blogging, i can train my writing (or should i say typing) skills so that i would be better equipped to write (or type) a book in future.

Secondly, by blogging, i can get in touch with myself and spend time with myself. I can discover more about myself and people can also point it out to me through what i blog on. I can also go back to my archive in future and look at my past posts and realise how foolish i was in the past(of course i hope it'll never happen).

Thirdly, because i could get response from blogging, i can learn how people will respond to certain things and thus learn how to relate better.

Fourthly, when we blog, we will feel that people are listening to what we say. Of course it is not as effective as real friends listening to your problems face to face, but in some sense we feel that we are sharing and releasing our problems to our friends when we blog. So you could say blogging can prevent depression to a certain extent (only to a certain extent).

And last of all, unless my account gets hacked or i forgot my blog address or blogger decide to close down or i could no longer access to internet anymore, the things i post will always be there. Thus, i can always go back to the things i've learned in the past; i can remember what i've learned.

There are many more other reasons to why blogging is good. If after reading this post you don't feel convinced to start a new blog or to start posting better stuff on your blogs, there must be something wrong. Because i myself feel so convinced by myself that i should start posting great stuff that could be of value in view of eternity in my blog. (i really managed to convince myself man =D)
So if you really don't feel convicted, you either

1) did not really understand what i mention above,
2) have a terrible psychological problem (anger or depression)
3) think that i'm an idiot
4) you are reading a blog of the wrong language
5) you have a wife (random)

or mayB you're just too busy (which i feel is the best reason to stop someone from blogging).

Anyway, so if you already have a blog, i hope you'll blog well this 2007. Avoid writing stuff like "Today morning, i walk to my kitchen, sit down, and ate breakfast. Then during lunchtime, i ate lunch at my living room table. And during dinner time, i went to eat dinner in the kitchen again!!! Weeee!! Its all so fun, eating at the right time. Then when i go home, it was already night time, time to sleep, and guess what i did??? i went to sleep!!! Woooohoooo!!!"

i mean such boring stuff does not have any value at all in terms of time (not to mention in terms of eternity). So load up great stuff in your blogs today, fun stuff that can stirr up laughter, informative stuff, emotional problems you have, your persoanl revelations and all your great experiences!!

Enjoy life on earth, but don't waste it.

No comments: